Buying plants from the Bide-a-Wee Nursery
You can purchase plants for your own garden direct from Bide-A-Wee Cottage. Choose from a wide range of over 500 high quality perennials, grasses, rushes, sedges, ferns and shrubs, all grown at the Bide-A-Wee Cottage Gardens.
There is a mail order delivery service for plants each September through to March (minimum order £25). During the season (April to August) plants are available direct from the Nursery shop.
How to buy online
STEP 1: Simply browse through our plant catalogue sections:
Or use our search to find a particular plant»
Please also see our Plant catalogue notes.
STEP 2: Add to Basket
Add an item you would like to order to your basket. Your basket opens in a new window. You can then continue shopping on the site or check out.
STEP 3: Check out
From the basket select check out. The check out uses PayPal however you do not need to have a PayPal account to use it. You can pay with all UK major credit and debit cards.
- Order value £0 to £49.99, P&P £7.95
- Order value £50 to £99.99, P&P £8.95
- Order value £100 to £149.99, P&P £9.95
- Order value £150 to £199.99, P&P £11.95
- Order value £200 updwards, P&P £14.95
Please note that this is the anticipated cost for UK postage & packaging but, particularly for orders of £200 or more, the cost will be re-calculated prior to despatch and we will contact you if a further payment is required. For non UK delivery please contact us.
Orders of plants may be collected directly from the garden. To do so please follow these steps:
- Add all your items to the cart and progress to the payment screens.
- In the Paypal payment screens there is an option to Add a Note to the seller (Bide-a-Wee), please add a note saying that you would like to collect your order and your telephone number.
- Please pay your order, including the postage and packaging fee.
- We will telephone when the order is ready to be collected. Nursery collection at all times subject to appointment, unless on regular open days.
- On collection we will refund your Postage & Packaging fee.
STEP 5: After care
Please unpack immediately and water until thoroughly soaked. Keep the plants moist and in a sheltered location until planting. In the event of inclement weather, keep plants in a frost-free outhouse.
We take every care to make sure that your order meets our high standards and your full satisfaction. If for any reason you are dissatisfied please notify us immediately.